Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Day 3: Happy day!

You may have noticed that I've missed a day. This is because I didn't have a chance to do any training yesterday as I was away visiting my uni and accomodation all day, however I did have a walk through seaton park in Aberdeen, lovely although not particularly strenuous! On to today, I changed the time of my run today. Last time I went out at around 5pm, about 5 hours after my last meal. This meant I was a bit low on the energy front and perhaps found it more difficult than I should have. I did a bit of internet research and discovered that you should go out 1.5 to 2 hours after a meal so today I went out at 3pm, having had lunch at 1. I must say it did make a huge difference. I have also scrapped the run for 60s walk for 90s idea as I feel I spend too much time looking at my watch and not enough enjoying the run. Today I set points in the distance (a house, road sign, junction etc) and said I would walk when I reached there then set a new point where I would start running again. I feel it worked a lot better and I really enjoyed it, though I must say that meeting to hunky men on bikes was a highlight!

No comments:

Post a Comment