Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Chinese catastrophe

I have heard on so many tv programmes that diet has a huge effect on sports performance, but I never really thought much about it. Last night I felt the effects myself. It started on Sunday when my brother took our family for a meal at a chinese all you can eat buffet. I must say that I wasn't as good as I had planned to be, but to a certain extent I thought that after a month of watching what I was eating one day wouldn't make a huge deal of difference. Basically I had a bowl of soup, followed by a plate of ribs and chicken wings, then a beef dish with egg fried rice. In my defence I did skip the pudding. Felt a bit sluggish afterwards, but did spend a fair bit of the evening on the wii fit and just dance- I guess I was feeling a bit guilty. Anyway, yesterday I went for a run and suddenly I was back to the huffing and puffing fatty I was a month ago, but worse than that, I had to slow to a walk several times after suffering from agonising stitches. The only thing that had changed between saturday when I had a really good run and monday when it was terrible was diet. Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment